Pages

Followers

Friday, July 30, 2010

View hidden files of your operating system

There are some files in our PC which are hidden state. We can view them by without changing the "show hidden folders and files" option in folder options of our PC. Even we can view the operating system's hidden files which are not possible to view directly through the Windows explorer

Few days ago I noticed that entering the address of a website in the address bar of the Windows explorer will open webpages. I mean that our Windows explorer will also act as web browser. Then I tried that reverse of the above process will work or not? I mean entering the path of a file (which was in our hard disk or secondary storage device) in the web browser. It worked.
I enter the path of a folder/directory in the address bar(also known as URL bar where we enter address of the sites) of web brosers like Google chrome, Mozilla Firefox. These browsers showed the all the files of the directory which I entered in the address bar of the web browser including the OS hidden Files like Recyler,System Volume Information. etc,.
1

No comments:

Post a Comment